SharePoint Entry Level Consultant
Centauri DMS Inc. is looking for Entry Level Consultants who have a mix of technology and strategic business acumen. The role requires both broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to architect solutions by mapping common customer business problems to reusable end-to-end technology solutions. Demonstrated ability to engage in senior level technology decision maker discussions related to agility, business value, and end to end information technology security is also a must. Consultants are key enablers for other consultants and partner staff. They manage the complete lifecycle of large and complex projects. Consultants have a passion for the customer which is demonstrated through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the customer experience.
The Consultant applies advanced analysis skills and experience in principals of software design to define appropriate customer solutions. To be credible he or she must have current and deep experience with implementation of large software systems. Consultants are expected to maintain effective product group relationships. Understanding of competitive technology enables the Consultant to properly assess feasibility of migrating customer solutions from, and/or integrating with customer solutions hosted on, non-Microsoft platforms.
Expert level knowledge in several of the following areas is required:
- Experience with Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server (MOSS), SharePoint Portal Server (SPS) and Windows SharePoint Services (WSS)
- Experience with information architecture and taxonomy definition
- Development experience with ASP.NET, Web Services and Web Parts
- Architect solutions for following scenarios: team & project collaboration, corporate communication portals, business process portals, partner & trading portals and e-commerce portal
- Familiar with SPS/WSS API and libraries.
- Familiar with SPS/WSS deployment and operations (e.g. admin, SSO, deployment techniques, Shared Services, Backup/Restore, Site usage/Analysis, Extranet Solution)
- Familiar in coding and coding best practices with Visual Basic.NET and C#
- Familiar with one or more competitive technologies, such as IBM, SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Documentum
The Consultant must have proven experience participating in projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes participating in multi-phase/multi-dimensional/multi-resource projects to conclusion while maintaining high customer satisfaction. The role requires an individual who is resourceful, confident under pressure, and has demonstrated skill in both crisis management and expectation management.
The successful candidate will have a BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience combined with a minimum of 2 years relevant working experience including expertise in enterprise architecture as well as infrastructure deployment and/or distributed system implementation.
Travel is an integral part of this position as are high levels of recognition and visibility. Travel can be as high as 70% as is demanded by the needs of our customers and our business. Position locations are flexible and can be located near any major airport.