ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Writes stored procedures, table alterations, functions, views, selects, inner and outer joins, DTS and SSIS packages.
- Optimizes and administers current queries, including generation of version update scripts.
- Configures and promotes objects through development to production using version control system.
- Converts business requirements to system design.
- Owns the database schema, which designates responsibility for its design (both current and planned improvement).
- Interacts with programmers as a *SQL Expert*.
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science preferred; minimum 4+ year experience as a MS SQL programmer in a fast paced dynamic environment using a structured software development methodology; experience designing and implementing large- scale database solutions that are reliable, scalable, and perform at high levels; working knowledge of security and privacy issues, SQL 2008.NET, MS Access, HTML, and PHP preferred
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have proven problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and have a positive attitude.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to withstand long periods of sitting, looking at a computer monitor, and phone handling for approximately 8- 12 hours on a daily basis. Individual may occasionally lift up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individual must be a team quality player in a fast paced environment. Candidate must be able to work in an environment with 90% development and 10% production support.
The following are attributes that we are seeking in all employees at Centauri DMS:
- Self-motivation, intelligence, and strong work ethic
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to follow set standards and take direction
- Ability to analyze and propose solutions to problems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project, and dynamic environment
- Absolute drive to complete projects on time and in a detailed manner
- Excellent organizational skills: accurate and thorough
Excellent communication skills: listening, writing, and verbal